Experts to present eight educational in-booth seminars on lab safety, efficiency and scientific discovery
DENVER – (May 20, 2013) -- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, this week will showcase innovative tools for scientific research and discovery during the 113th Annual American Society for Microbiology General Meeting in Denver, May 18-21, 2013, Thermo Scientific Booth #425.
Thermo Fisher will demo the latest innovations in laboratory products (centrifuges, pipetting systems, heating and drying ovens and more) designed to maximize safety, productivity and efficiency. In addition, the company will exhibit microbiology solutions (blood culture instruments, identification and antimicrobial susceptibility testing [ID/AST] systems, culture media and diagnostics kits) designed to help laboratories speed valuable information to clinicians, facilitating faster treatment decisions, and overall better patient care.
Newly introduced Thermo Scientific product highlights include:
- New! Sorvall LYNX Superspeed Centrifuge – Simplifies performance and safety in shared laboratory settings with innovations including Thermo Scientific Auto-Lock rotor exchange and Auto-ID rotor identification
- New! Sorvall ST 8 Small Benchtop Centrifuge – Maximizes capacity with 8 x 50 mL conical tubes, microplates and microtubes, all in a compact design to accommodate tight lab spaces and a range of processes and protocols
- New! F1-ClipTip Pipetting System – Transforms daily pipetting with the innovative Thermo Scientific ClipTip interlocking technology, ensuring a complete seal on every channel with minimal tip attachment and ejection force
- New! KingFisher Pure DNA/RNA Kits – Delivers outstanding yield, purity and reproducibility along with a wide kit selection with variable sizes
- New! Heratherm Microbiological Incubator – Designed for exceptional sample protection and efficiency with an inner glass door to maintain temperature uniformity
- New! SureTect Real-Time PCR System – Designed to quickly and accurately detect microorganisms in a broad range of foods and associated samples, combining speed and performance in an easy-to-use, cost-effective platform
- Thermo Fisher experts at the conference will also present educational seminars discussing important topics around lab safety, efficiency and scientific discovery. Seminars will run every half hour starting at 11 a.m. on Sunday, May 19, Monday, May 20 and Tuesday, May 21 in booth #425. Seminars include:
- Get Answers Faster, and with Less Effort to Simplify Separations
- Pipetting Ergonomics and You
- Culture Your Cells at Physiological Oxygen for Relevant Results
- Grow Campylobacter and Other Enteric Bacteria Using Less Oxygen
- Workflow Solutions for Bacterial Genotyping
- Ensuring Safety from Farm to Fork: Advances in Food Microbiology Testing
- Fighting Antimicrobial Resistance: Being Sensitive to Changes
- Sepsis Detection of Fastidious Organisms is a Bloody Mess
Additional technical presentations at ASM include:
- Production and Characterization of C. difficile Binary Toxin Monoclonal Antibodies, presented by Sharyn Su, Yukun Li and Carl Dunlap, Thermo Fisher; Monday, 5/20, 10:30am-12:30pm, poster #LB-15
- Drug susceptibility profiles of Candida Species Isolated from the Oral Mucosa of HIV-Positive West African patients using the TREK Sensititre System, presented by University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, MO; University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa; Regional Hospital, Bamenda, Cameroon; Tuesday, 5/21, 1pm to 3pm, poster #2335
- Evaluation of the Sensititre MYCOTB Plate Assay for Drug Susceptibility Testing in Mycobacterium tuberculosis against the First- and Second-Line Drugs, presented by NHLS, Cape Town, Green Point, South Africa; University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa; Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, Baltimore, MD; University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO; Tuesday, 5/21, 1pm to 3pm, poster #2594
For more information, please visit www.thermoscientific.com/asm2013.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $13 billion, we have 39,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through three premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.